If you're travelling overseas and need to take currency with you, we offer two different options to our customers - an innovative prepaid currency card - called 'Cash Passport', and foreign banknotes. You can order travel money at any of our seven branches for free next day delivery or collect your Cash Passport the same day.
The Cash Passport is a prepaid currency card that comes with all of the security of travellers’ cheques yet with all of the convenience of a card. You can pre-load it in advance of your holiday with one of seven major currencies and so you know the exchange rate you are getting at the outset. It can then be used like any other VISA card at ATMs, shops and restaurants worldwide.
- PIN and signature protected
- Not linked to your bank account
- Supported around the world by Access Prepaid’s award winning Global Emergency Assistance available 24/7
- A second card is available to use if first one is lost or stolen
- Withdraw local currency at over 1 million Visa ATMs worldwide*
- Use it to pay at millions of shops, hotels, restaurants or online – anywhere that accepts Visa Electron
- Roll over unspent funds for your next trip or withdraw the balance. This can only be done by calling Access Prepaid Card Services
- Manage your account easily online with secure visibility of your transaction details and services like an ATM locator
- Load your card as many times as it suits you, within the card limits
- Reload at any Vernon Building Society branch
- You may also be able to reload by phone or online via internet banking
- Use it as a way of saving for your holiday
Cards are issued for free and there is no lengthy application process. Simply bring along a valid EU Passport to any of our branches and you will be issued with a card and PIN number that day.
Foreign Bank Notes Service
The Society also offers foreign banknotes. Simply order your travel money at any of the Society's 7 branches and we guarantee that it will be available for collection in branch on the next working day. This applies to orders placed before 1:30pm and excludes Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays. Contact us on 0161 429 6262 for further details.
* Some ATM operators may charge an additional fee or set their own withdrawal limits.
** Excludes sterling where a 2% load/reload fee applies. This fee is reduced to 1.5% if done through a Vernon Building Society branch.
Travel money services are provided by Travelex Banknotes Ltd: Registered No 5393803
Cash Passport is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc. R. Raphael & Sons plc (Company Registration No. 1288938) Head Office, Walton Lodge, Walton Street, Aylesbury, Bucks HP21 7QY.