|Job title:||Financial Reporting Accountant|
|Salary:||£40,000 p.a. mid-market reference experience plus full employee benefits|
Vernon Building Society is proud of its 97-year heritage and our vision is to be “The first choice for mortgages, savings and employment in Stockport and to be the preferred choice for specific need/bespoke mortgages in England and Wales”.
Do you want a job in a supportive and employee focused Building Society that has authentic, personal and empowering culture? Working with the Financial Reporting Manager you will assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting to Executive, Asset & Liability Committee and the Board; including the Society’s performance and assessment of the Society’s key financial risks, such as liquidity, funding, capital and market risk.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about financial services and progress your career at the same time in a supportive environment.
As well as management reporting, the role will also develop skills in regulatory reporting and Statutory Accounts so that you develop a wide skill set.
Desirable skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have proven experience in the Financial Services industry, although this is not essential and an ability and willingness to learn and progress is more important
- Strong IT skills and proficient excel user
- Conscientious, methodical, and organised
- Time management – ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- Team player
- Planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
Educated to degree level or equivalent
If you are a qualified accountant who wants to work for an employer who cares about their employees, customers, and the local community and you have a passion to succeed, then apply to join the Vernon.
Why work for the Vernon?
It’s an exciting time to join our Vernon family. Founded in 1924, we’ve got a lot of history, however, over the past three years we’ve undergone a significant amount of investment and change. With a re-brand in 2019, we’ve also invested into our people, technology and processes. We’re set up for success and growth. We’re now looking for talent for us to invest in, to help with the next phase of our story and beyond.
- £40,000 per annum (mid-market 80-120% range based on skills and experience)
- Pension scheme (7.5% employer contributions rising to 10% after 2 years) following pension auto enrolment criteria, after probationary period
- Salary exchange for pensions arrangement
- 4 x salary death in service benefit
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays), increasing to 27 after 2 years
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash-Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts package
- Volunteering days in the community
- Full training & development programme
If you wish to apply, email your CV with a covering letter to HR@thevernon.co.uk
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 5th November 2021.
The Society reserves the right to close the receipt of applications earlier in anticipation of large application volumes.
General Data Protection Regulations requires us to tell you how we collect, store and process personal data, when registering your interest with us. For full details about what data we collect about you, please either look at our recruitment privacy notice on our website or alternatively please contact the HR & People Adviser– HR@thevernon.co.uk who will arrange for a copy to be emailed or sent via the post.
We hold your personal data on file for a period of 12 months (unless you request otherwise), following this your data will be erased. You can withdraw consent at any time, to do this, please email or write to us with your request.
Vernon Building Society is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any applicant will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).