Intermediary Business Development Manager
|Salary:||£35,000 per annum mid-market reference (80-120% range based on skills & experience plus full employee benefits|
Vernon Building Society is proud of its 98-year heritage; our vision is to be “The first choice for mortgages, savings and employment in Stockport and the preferred choice for specific need/bespoke mortgages in England and Wales”.
Working with the Head of Mortgage & Savings Distribution, you will be responsible for mortgage book growth and intermediary relations for the Society, focusing on our personal approach to lending.
You will support the growth of mortgage new business sales and mix, in line with the annual Corporate Plan, through developing existing and new business opportunities. You will have specific responsibility for managing and enriching relationships with identified Key Brokers, Networks and Clubs.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in a supportive environment.
Desirable skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
• An experienced background with mortgage understanding within Financial Services is essential for the ability to achieve growth targets.
• Strong knowledge of the intermediary mortgage market and its environment with regulatory and criteria requirements.
• Able to communicate clearly and accurately the Society's brand and products, whilst being able to react to market requirements and movements.
• Effective time management and competence to utilise various platforms available to maintain a strong Society presence.
• Commercially aware of the impact of new business growth in targeted segments of the market and impact.
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
• Competent IT and computer literacy skills
• Conscientious, methodical, and organised
• Team player
• Planning and organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical thinker
CeMAP is preferred.
• £35,000 annum mid-market 80-120% range based on skills and experience
• Car Allowance
• Pension scheme (7.5% employer contributions rising to 10% after 2 years) following pension auto-enrolment criteria, after probationary period
• Salary exchange for pensions arrangement
• 4 x salary death in service benefit
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays), increasing to 27 after 2 years
• Flexible working upon arrangement
• Health Cash-Plan
• Health & Wellbeing digital app
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Retail discounts package
• Volunteering days in the community
• Full training & development programme
If you wish to apply, send your CV plus covering letter to: HR@thevernon.co.uk
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th July 2022.
The Society reserves the right to close the receipt of applications earlier in anticipation of large application volumes.
General Data Protection Regulations require us to tell you how we collect, store and process personal data when registering your interest with us. For full details about what data we collect about you, please either look at our recruitment privacy notice on our website or alternatively please contact the HR & People Adviser– HR@thevernon.co.uk who will arrange for a copy to be emailed or sent via the post.
We hold your personal data on file for a period of 12 months (unless you request otherwise), following this your data will be erased. You can withdraw consent at any time, to do this, please email or write to us with your request.
Vernon Building Society is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any applicant will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).