Operational Risk Specialist
|Salary:||£35,00-£40,000 per annum, mid-market reference (80-120% range based on skills & experience plus full employee benefits|
Vernon Building Society is proud of its 98-year heritage and our vision is to be “The first choice for mortgages, savings and employment in Stockport and to be the preferred choice for specific need/bespoke mortgages in England and Wales”.
- The delivery of the operational risk management information and status reporting to Board Risk and Executive committees.
- The ongoing maintenance of the Society’s Risks & Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA), and Risk Management Framework.
- Assessing effectiveness of internal controls and risk management activity including oversight of risk events
- Input into projects and change initiatives in an advisory capacity to help ensure that project risks are identified and managed
- Providing support and oversight across all departments in the continued development of operation risk reporting and governance.
- Undertaking internal reviews to determine process improvements/efficiencies.
- Supporting the development of the Society’s approach to prudential risk management ensuring it remains appropriate given the Board’s risk appetite and the environment in which the Society operates.
- Supporting the annual review of key corporate documents such as ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan and Contingency Funding Plan.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Have proven experience in the Financial Services industry, although this is not essential and an ability and willingness to learn and progress is more important
- Experience advising on Risk and Control Self-Assessments
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Practical experience of operating a risk management framework within operations
- Understanding of operational and prudential risk in line with both FCA and PRA regulation.
- Strong IT skills and proficient excel user
- Conscientious, methodical, and organised
- Time management – ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- Team player
- Planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- £35,000 - 40,000 per annum (mid-market 80-120% range based on skills and experience)
- Pension scheme (7.5% employer contributions rising to 10% after 2 years) following pension auto enrolment criteria, after probationary period
- Salary exchange for pensions arrangement
- 4 x salary death in service benefit
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays), increasing to 27 after 2 years
- Flexible working upon arrangement
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash-Plan
- Health & Wellbeing digital app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts package
- Volunteering days in the community
- Full training & development programme