Comprehensive cover with peace of mind

We provide comprehensive home and contents cover through RSA, a leading insurance company who offer a combination of protection and value. If your home is damaged or belongings stolen, you'll find RSA's policy offers the peace of mind of a speedy claims service to put things right.

Key Benefits

  • No Claims Discount including a 20% discount for being 4 years claim free
  • RSA don't charge interest if you pay by monthly Direct Debit
  • Access to a Personal Claims Handler to support you if you ever need to make a claim
  • RSA automatically cover your contents, if selected, up to £50,000
  • Change your level of cover at any time at no extra cost



Why Choose RSA Home & Contents Insurance?



Anyone with a home can benefit from RSA's flexible Home Insurance. You don't have to have a mortgage with us. You may even be in rented accommodation and just need to protect your belongings. Simply choose the options that suit your needs from:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Personal belongings & money
  • Pedal cycles
  • Legal expenses

You can tailor the insurance to suit your needs and only pay for the insurance you actually want.


Cover for your home

If your home is damaged beyond repair, you can claim the full replacement cost of rebuilding it. You must, however, have informed RSA of any major home improvements or extensions during the life of the policy.


High level of standard cover

  • Up to £400,000 for buildings, £50,000 for contents. This can be increased if needed.
  • 'New for old' cover for items that are stolen or damaged.
  • Contents cover automatically increases by £1,000 each Christmas at no extra cost.
  • Cover for home office equipment.
  • Increase in cover for wedding gifts.
  • Financial help towards overnight accommodation if you have a home emergency that makes this necessary.
  • Cover for loss or damage to trees and shrubs.
  • Personal claims handler to support you if you ever need to make a claim.


Additional optional cover available

  • Additional cover for your personal belongings, including money.
  • Cover for pedal cycles.
  • Legal expenses cover to give you peace of mind should you get into a dispute with someone, for example a contractor or neighbour.
  • Home emergency assistance service available all day, every day for emergencies such as burst water pipe or broken window (up to £250).


Help if you need it

With RSA's optional Home Emergency Service cover, they will arrange and pay for the call out and labour charge of a tradesperson (labour, parts, materials and overnight accommodation up to £250, including VAT).


Changing your cover

If your needs have changed, it is quick and easy to change your cover. You can do this at any time, and will not be charged a fee for making any amends.

At renewal your insurance premiums will automatically be adjusted in line with the current national house rebuilding costs. That means you don't have to worry about being underinsured provided that you tell us about any major home improvements you have made or any valuable and personal possessions you have purchased costing more than £1,500. If you wish to opt out of automatic renewals, please contact RSA by emailing

Please note: there are exclusions with all home insurance policies.


Vernon Building Society home insurance is administered and underwritten by RSA Insurance Group LTD No. 93792. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Reg. No 202323.)


3 easy ways to apply

Apply online


Head to RSA's online portal for a quick online quote on your home and contents insurance.

Apply in branch


Arrange to meet an expert Mortgage Adviser in one of our six branches.

Apply by phone

Got a question? Give us a call

0161 429 6262


08:45 - 17:00