Applications will be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- Your registered charity/community organisation is based in Stockport, Cheshire, and Greater Manchester.
- You are applying for a grant no more than £5,000.
- The applicant must not have received monies from the Foundation within the previous 2 years.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that their application aligns with the charity’s objectives.
- You don’t need to be a Member of the Society to apply for funding.
The Foundation welcomes applications from organisations who are working towards the relief of poverty alongside community development.
Applications will not be considered if received from the following:
- Any organisation which is not a registered Charity
- Charities which have not submitted their annual returns to the Charity Commission or Companies House
- Charities with an annual turnover of more than £250,000
- Request for grants greater than £5000
- Charities not located within Stockport, Cheshire & Greater Manchester
Please read our application criteria before applying for a grant.
Following the closing date, all successful applications will be notified by email within 4 weeks.
Unfortunately, reasons cannot be given for unsuccessful applications.
Grants up to £5000 can be requested. Charities can apply for more than one grant but this must not exceed £5000 within a 2 year period.
You don’t need to be a Member of Vernon Building Society to apply.